Wearing eyeglasses can be a big adjustment for children.
- If your child is getting glasses for the first time — or if your child wears glasses but is getting a significant change to the prescriptive strength — it may take some time for your child to adapt to this difference.
- Your child may experience headaches or dizziness when they first try their new glasses. If this is the case, have them start by wearing the glasses only a few hours a day — when they are seated. Each day, you can increase the time they are worn. After two weeks, they should be comfortable wearing the glasses as prescribed.
- Establish a safe spot for your child to keep the glasses and case when they are not being worn.
- Help your child make sure the glasses are clean.
- Help your child remember to wear the glasses as often as prescribed.
Proper care of children’s new glasses will help them last longer.
- Use dish soap and warm water to clean glasses, if you don’t have a cleaner designed for lenses.
- Never use paper towels, bath towels or other rough materials to dry lenses. A microfiber cloth is best, but a soft t-shirt will work as a substitute.
- When children are not wearing their glasses, always store them in the case provided. The case will protect glasses in the event they are dropped and also keep the frame from getting bent.
- A strap comes in handy so kids’ glasses don’t fly off during sports of other activities. Contact Vision To Learn for more information if you are having difficulty finding a strap for your child’s glasses.
Lost or Broken Glasses
Glasses received from Vision To Learn are eligible for a one-time replacement within a year of their being received. If your child’s glasses break within one year of the dispensing date, they can be replaced or repaired at no charge.
Mail your broken glasses to:
Vision To Learn
P.O. Box 491392
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Please include the following information:
- Child’s name and current mailing address
- School/Organization/Event Name (where child received the glasses)
- Date the glasses were received
- Description of problem with glasses
- Parent’s contact name and phone number
For questions on broken glasses, email email@example.com, or call (800) 485-9196.
A parent or guardian should contact Vision To Learn by phone at (800) 485-9196; or by email from the list below, depending on your location.
Southern California/Los Angeles County, firstname.lastname@example.org
Northern California, email@example.com
New Jersey, firstname.lastname@example.org