The following is the typical Vision To Learn timeline:
Step 1: 4 to 6 weeks prior
- Vision To Learn works with the lead district nurse to serve select schools within a school district.
- Follow-up phone call is made to school nurse or coordinator by Vision To Learn to select examination dates.
- Site confirmation sheet is returned to confirm selected exam dates.
- School nurse will conduct vision screenings for mandated grades, while pulling screening results for the prior school year.
Step 2: 3 to 4 weeks prior
- Consent forms are sent to parents by school nurse as students are identified as not passing the vision screenings.
- Mobile clinic visit is scheduled by Vision To Learn.
- In preparation for Vision To Learn’s visit, a school point person arranges for volunteers/runners for the day of, and works to coordinate a parking space and access to a power supply.
Step 3: 2 to 3 weeks prior
- Preliminary consents are returned to Vision To Learn at the end of each day, until all forms are returned.
- Outstanding consents, if any, need to be identified. ALL consents must be returned to Vision To Learn TWO WEEKS PRIOR to the visit.
Step 4: 1 week prior
- Vision To Learn scheduler communicates with school staff regarding “day of” logistics, in preparation for site visit.
- Consents must be confirmed as all turned-in.